Monday, April 28, 2008

Not What It Used To Be...

Bachelorhood, that is. My wife and her immediate family went to a wedding in Seattle this past weekend, and they left the 3 husbands home. Back in my single days, I would have loved to have the house to myself and be able to do whatever I wanted. Now an empty house is just no fun. No one to play with. No one to kill spiders for me (yes, I am the man, but not when it comes to killing things). And no one to just be with. Luckily I had work and family to keep me busy this weekend, but four days without Lisa is just too long. I applaud those couples whose circumstances frequently keep them apart (military service, etc.) for toughing it out. But I just couldn't do it. After experiencing bachelorhood and all its "advantages", I'll take being married any day. Bachelorhood, it's not what it used to be.

No comments: