Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Mother's Mission

We invited my parents over to our house for dinner as a gift to my mom for Mother's Day. As we were talking my mom told us that she had signed up to serve a mission! I was extremely surprised, mostly because my dad always seemed like the more ambitious one, and my mom was always the one to stay behind the scenes and do her best to make sure the family stayed on the right side of the dysfunctional line. As we asked questions, we learned that my mom signed up to oversee people who go to the Deseret Mill in Kaysville to prepare their personal and family food storage items. My mom was a volunteer coordinator for years at Autumn Glow Sr. Citizens center in Kaysville, and she sure had a lot of coordinating to do while we were growing up, so I figure she will do a great job. I'm very proud of her for taking time to do this service for others and the Lord. She continues to be a great example to me of selfless service.


No comments: